Software Account Manager
United States/Canada, (Remote East/Mid/West)
Aura is a technology-driven salon business platform with a built-in growth model that elevates the salon experience for owner, guest, stylists, and staff. Aura was created by the Salon Collective- a united collective of industry leading salon owners, executives, stylists ,educators, and brands.
What will I be doing?
Customer Support is critical within the company to ensure we have happy customers who stay with us, grow their business with us and get value out of our product.
The Software Account Manager is a lifetime account partner that strategically works with the internal Support Specialists and Aura salons to provide guidance with the Aura platform. They drive adoption/usage of software features and salon revenue growth through utilizing and optimizing software features.
They are responsible for renewal and upsell rates, creating long term relationships with salons in a determined geographical area across the US and Canada, and overall customer satisfaction/net promoter scores. They will be expected to:
- Educate salons and help them adapt and implement various software features and increase utilization in their locations. This will reduce the risk of churn and grow Aura revenue.
- Strive to be a product expert. We pride ourselves on being able to understand each customer’s needs deeply. We believe in empathetic, transparent and solution-focused support and communication.
- Advocate for, and be the voice of our clients internally. We engage with and work alongside different teams to provide product feedback and iterate on our processes. We regularly collaborate with different departments within Aura, including our Marketing, Sales, Onboarding, and Development teams to ensure every decision made has our customer in mind. We help test new features, bug fixes and improvements, and provide direct feedback to the teams involved.
- Delegating customer problems to the internal Support Team by phone, email support, or remote connection for resolution
- Becoming a product expert on Aura software
- Manage a book of 50-100 Aura salon locations; to increase their adoption and utilization of the Aura Software
- Organize and prioritize your salon outreach cadence based on account ARR, spending a majority of time focused on your top 20-25% accounts.
- Proactively identify upsell opportunities within salons increasing MRR and delivering on quarterly revenue targets.
- Constantly monitor ‘at risk’ customers and reach out to these clients to increase adoption of their subscription and reduce the risk of churn
- Build relationships in your geographical group and work with them to increase their usage of our features, driving strategic conversations with them and increasing net promoter and satisfaction scores.
- Promote and encourage salons to adapt to new features in the product
- Track all communication and activities with clients through the Aura CRM
- Escalate issues to internal teams where necessary
You, the candidate:
- Are customer focused and target driven
- Are passionate about helping salon owners grow their business
- Are hungry for upsell opportunities
- Are proactive, rather than reactive
- Are assertive and persuasive
- Work well in a high performing team
- Are a multitasker, not afraid to juggle a million things at once
- 2+ Years account management experience
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Genuine passion for speaking to and supporting customers
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you need to take technical language and concepts and make them accessible to our customers
- Ability to think on your feet and context switch when needed
- Be thorough, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Commitment to continuous self-improvement and learning
- Experience in a troubleshooting environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting Cloud Software
- Knowledge of Zendesk, Slack, and Google Drive
- Interest in technology and/or the Hair & Beauty Industry
- 1+ Year in SAAS (Software As A Service) Support Environment
Career development is important to us. Aura currently offers a range of fully employer-paid benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability, and wellness perks. We also believe in taking time off for you. We offer 10 paid vacation days, 5 paid sick days, plus 6 paid holidays off per year.
Aura is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company.
Aura does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
To apply, please send your CV and Resume to:
Subject: VP Sales